Welcome to our blog! Starting a blog isn’t difficult or complicated. You’ve decided you want to start a blog, and you know you have something you want to share with the world. But you have no idea where to start. Sound familiar? If so, read on, for exactly what you need to do to start a small business blog today. You don’t need technical expertise or a ton of money. You just need to overcome whatever has been stopping you from getting started. Just try to follow our give 5 steps. That’s it!
1. Choose a blog platform: There are many blogging platforms to consider, and you may have heard of many of these platforms: Tumblr, Medium, and even Twitter are considered to be Weibo platforms. All of these platforms are great, but if you really want to make your blog a blog, I highly recommend using WordPress. WordPress is a free open source platform that is easy to use and great for beginners. It also has a great blogging tool that gives you complete control over what the content looks like.
In addition, WordPress has thousands of pre-made templates and features – add plugins for you to choose from, so you can create a website that is as unique as you. More than 90% of blogs on the Internet trust WordPress (including this blog), and there is no platform recommended by us.
2. Select a Domain Name: The right domain name is an important part of your blog because it creates a first impression for your users. This is your own personal brand. This is why it is important to choose the right name. But wait, anyway, what is the domain name? A domain name is a string that identifies your website. It is usually similar to this: www.example.com. There are three things you should keep in mind when choosing the best name for your website.
Keep it concise: Shorter domain names are ideal, especially if you want many people to type your website name directly into the browser’s search bar (instead of finding you on a search engine). For its value, the most popular websites on the Internet have an average of six characters in their domain names.
Use keywords: Remember when I told you that the domain name could give the user a first impression? Using keywords that are relevant to your writing area is a great way to give visitors exactly what they are up to. It also has the added benefit of increasing the positioning of your site on search engines.
Mind your extension: You may know the ‘.com’ extension, but you know that there are hundreds of other extensions to choose from, including ‘. pizza’ and ‘. Business’? While using these extensions can be tempting, they are not enough for me to recommend. Instead, just play it securely and select a domain name using the “.com” extension.
3. Find a Web Host: Web hosting providers can provide your website to visitors via the Internet. It stores all the files that make up your blog, including text, photos and videos. Without a web host, you won’t be able to create your own website using WordPress. Since web hosting providers determine how fast your site loads, how much content you can add to your pages, and how much your blogs are kept online, it’s important to find the right site.
There are hundreds of different web hosts to choose from. Sorting all of this will be an impossible task, rather than trying to convince you of the benefits of everyone, I will simply introduce you to a handy guide to my best web hosting services. After selecting the host, you only need to select the hosting plan, enter the domain name you determined in step 2, and then complete the registration.
One of the benefits of choosing a web host from my guide is that they all offer a one-click WordPress installation. This requires some complicated process of installing the platform and converting it into a single step operation. After installing WordPress, you can finally log in to the shiny new blog!
4. Customize Your New Blog: Congratulations on creating a new blog! Feel free to spend time learning how to use the WordPress interface. It is designed to provide a clear direction for anything you might do. I recommend adding a blog topic as a first step. You can hover your mouse over the Appearance on the WordPress dashboard and click Theme from the pop-up menu.
From there, you can choose from pre-installed themes and even add your own themes. There are thousands of different free and paid themes to choose from, and finding the right theme for you is a project in itself. Take some time to try different templates, but don’t overdo it. One of the biggest benefits of WordPress is that if you decide to change the theme, you can quickly change the theme.
You can also customize your new blog with a plugin. Plugins add new features to your site, ranging from social media sharing to SEO tools. I highly recommend browsing the extensive plugin directory for WordPress and finding some additional customizations for your blog.
5. Add Your First Blog Post: Now that your site has the look you want, you can start adding content. Your first blog post can describe the intent of your site, or you can join by writing about the content you created your blog. To add your first post, just hover over the post section on the sidebar menu and click Add new file.
As you can see, it is very obvious. You can find the title in the article title, content, editing tools, SEO tools and publishing tools. If you’ve ever used a word processor like Microsoft Word, the WordPress editor should look like a piece of cake. Feel free to test different features, add features, and make mistakes. The best way to learn WordPress is to simply use it. Once you master it, you will get more content than the user can keep up with.
Congratulations on creating your first blog!